Job title: Quality Engineer
Job description: We are a global leader in the research, design, integration, manufacture, certification, and lifetime service of flight control, hydraulic, fuel and inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, lubrication, and pneumatic systems and components for aerospace and other high-technology markets. We support the world’s aircraft and aero engine manufacturers, providing a century of experience and innovation for commercial and military aircraft.
Joining our team means, you are helping to deliver our purpose of ‘Enabling Engineering Breakthroughs that Lead to a Better Tomorrow. A career at Parker Meggitt offers boundless potential for professional and personal growth. You will work alongside the brightest minds in the world, help develop innovative technology and products, and contribute to our company’s goal of solving the world’s greatest engineering challenges.
We have succeeded in employing the top talent in the industry by focusing our hiring efforts on the individual, not the job description. If you are an inquisitive thinker with great ideas and a desire to succeed, we will find the perfect spot for you on our team.
This position has a responsibility for product quality from the supply chain through to the delivered parts at the customer base. The Quality Engineer supports the business to ensure areas of work, customer services and product quality, are maintained to the highest standard. Ensures business management systems are effective and compliant. The role will support the programme of product conformance is executed and improvements reported and realised. APQP tools will need to be used and the quality aspect (PPAP) will need to be lead.
- Lead elements of the Zero Defect programme to improve RFT, reduce escapes and scrap.
- Provide technical expertise in the development of testing and inspection activities associated with product development and all stages of manufacturing.
- Perform internal audits of processes and product using inspection results and statistical techniques to provide timely, accurate process and product analysis.
- Lead detailed root cause analysis initiatives for process related concerns using A3, 8D, Ishikawa techniques.
- Lead the MRB and Quality clinic functions for the assigned area.
- Analyse audit results and determines proper corrective and preventative action.
- Determine document control requirements per regulatory guidelines; reviews inspection forms and records for accuracy and compliance.
- Support FAIR and LAIR activities.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge and experience of AS9100 Quality Systems.
- Experience in Fairs is preferred.
- Certified Lead Auditor or equivalent experience in related field.
- Expert at Problem Solving (8D, A3).
- Knowledge and experience in Advance Product quality Product (APQP), VIPI and NET-Inspect.
- Lean Sigma Green Belt minimum is highly desirable.
- Results focused with track record of delivery of Quality improvements.
- Quality experience with an Aerospace/Defence Manufacturing/ engineering environment is essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Confident to influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Well-organised, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task.
- Able to work independently and prioritise duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers.
- Experience in completion of Fairs and Lairs.
What We Offer
Parker Meggitt is proud to offer a competitive total rewards framework designed with our colleagues’ health, wealth and well-being in mind to help our employees balance a successful career. Our competitive package will include:
- Early finish on Fridays.
- Pension Scheme up to 10% company contribution.
- Employee Assistance Program for Health & Wellbeing.
- Employee Perkz – offering our employees discounts on a huge variety of goods and services.
- Income Protection.
- Employee Resource Groups.
- Volunteering day off.
Parker Meggitt is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and beliefs define who we are as a business and that building a culture of respect and appreciation will give everyone the opportunity to recognise their full potential.
Location: Loughborough, Leicestershire
Job date: Sat, 04 Nov 2023 07:19:37 GMT
Apply for the job now!