Job title: Quality Manager
Job description: Job title: Quality Lead/ Manager
Start date: As soon as possible subject to clearance
Salary/ Pay rate/ Benefits:
Competitive + Benefits
Location: Warrington – Hybrid – 2-3 days a week in the office (site visits 1-2 times a month to Aldermaston expenses paid)
Hours of work: 40 hours per week
Purpose and Objective:
- The role of Quality Manager is to ensure the effective performance of all quality and nuclear safety activities against the compliance requirements of project specifications and standards, and both internal and customer requirements
- Endorse and demonstrate good quality attitudes and behaviours in line with the company policy values
- Promoting nuclear safety awareness and developing a ‘Right First Time’ culture throughout the project
- Lead and take part in License Condition compliance audits.
- Undertake to correct identified corrective actions were required to maintain or improve compliance and best practice for the company.
- Comply with and support the development and management of the Integrated Management System in accordance with ISO and regulatory requirements
- Responsible for the development, preparation, issue, and control of quality related project documentation
- Manage the internal and supplier audit programme, including conducting internal and supplier audits and assessments, ensuring that relevant quality grades are clearly identified and documented
- Responsibility for delivering QA/QC oversight and assurance arrangements for projects and supply chain
- Ensuring procedures and management processes are maintained in line with all regulatory standards, participate in management assessments and customer feedback. Support / deliver identified corrective actions.
- Management and coordination of the project quality activities in line with project requirements
- Provide guidance and advice to project teams on quality issues
- Encourage learning from experience (LFE) to aid continual improvement
- Ensuring all project documentation is kept up to date in line with overall project status
- Represent quality during attendance at project meetings
- Identify opportunities for improvement and support their pursuance.
- Establishing a good internal working relationship with project personnel at all levels to ensure the effective and efficient completion of all quality related activities and verify both the organisations and customer’s quality requirements are clearly understood and communicated
- Support and champion the development and maintenance of a ‘Right First Time’ approach to project execution and promote an authentic nuclear safety culture across the project and throughout the project supply chain
- Conducting quality compliance checks against ISO and regulatory standards – nuclear and non-nuclear, regular audits/surveillance inspections on project activity both on-site and across the full depth and breadth of the project supply chain, including responsibility for any new supplier audits required for initial supplier assessment and selection purposes.
- Ensure lessons learned are captured and guidance notes produced and distributed across the project and wider organisation and customer network; lessons learned will address both positive and negative learning opportunities
- Manage the capture, collation, and reporting of quality related KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) and provide input as instructed to monthly and ad-hoc management reports
- Review project quality performance on an ongoing basis seeking opportunities for the delivery of continuous improvements.
Applicants must have experience of the following:
- Proven experience in a quality management role within the nuclear sector
- Previous experience working on a nuclear licenced site
- Detailed knowledge of ONR site licence requirements
- Understanding of CDM regulations
- Proven experience on the interpretation and implementation of ISO and regulatory requirements within the nuclear industry
- Proven ability to produce project related Quality Plans, processes and associated quality documents
- Experience of the application of quality and safety requirements, both for Licensee and the global supply chain
- Able to communicate clearly and present in a professional, articulate manner and work effectively in and leading teams
- Internal Auditor qualification 0 ISO 9001:2015
- Lead Auditor qualification – ISO 9001:2015
- Engineering qualification or relevant experience and knowledge of design and engineering methodologies
- Member of Chartered Quality Institute – CQI
Interested in this position? please click “apply now”
We try to respond to all applicants, but sometimes this is not possible due to high volumes of applications; if you have not heard from us within 14 days, regrettably it means you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This permanent vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion’s approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Speak to Kerry Lithgow today
Resourcer at Rullion
Date posted: 31 October 2023
Location: Warrington, Cheshire
Job date: Wed, 01 Nov 2023 23:21:33 GMT
Apply for the job now!