Job title: Quality Welding Inspector I
Company: Zachry Group
Job description: Job Description:
ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Quality Welding Inspector.
Welding inspectors perform visual inspections on welded products and structures in progress and on completed jobs. Visual inspections search for defects in the weld such as cracks and pits. The inspector uses magnification to find defects that potentially weaken the strength of the joint. Inspectors measure welded products to ensure that they meet specifications for dimension. The certified weld inspector uses stress equipment to put stress on weld joints. The results of a stress test determine if the weld will hold up under stressful conditions. Inspectors also check the weld machine setup and the welding techniques of welders on work in progress to ensure the quality of the work. Welding inspectors record the results of tests and welding inspections.
- Reviews project requirements, determines minimal requirements and procedures, schedules and coordinates required examinations, inspections, or tests for the discipline or project segment assigned to.
- Performs examinations, inspections, or tests as required by project management and/or client/owner.
- Coordinates training, craft testing and/or trains personnel regarding required construction procedures and proper use of tools, instruments, etc.
- Provides technical assistance to project management in selecting optimum construction procedures and/or techniques to meet project specifications.
- Provides technical assistance to project management regarding the selection of tools, instruments, and test equipment to assist in the project quality control effort.
- Assists project management in the selection and/or testing of personnel to perform specific work activities to assist in ensuring work meets project requirements.
- Schedules examinations, inspections, or tests as required by the project.
- Coordinates examination, inspection, and test plans with project management and client representatives.
- Completes and maintains inspection, test, examination, and Quality Control Records.
- Assures implementation of job site Q.C. Program.
Required Qualifications – Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Minimum of 3 years experience
- Must have good aptitude and manual dexterity
- Good reading comprehension
- Ability to work with others – team player
- Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors
- Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Current Zachry or Zachry ROF’ed employee.
- Former experience working with Zachry Industrial, Inc.
- Former QC experience.
Job date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 06:49:55 GMT
Apply for the job now!