Job title: Quantity Surveyor
Job description: Quantity Surveyor needed.
Are you a Quantity Surveyor looking for a new contract in Kent? We have just landed a new Quantity Surveyor role which might be of interest.
- Location: Tunbridge Wells, Kent
- Contract type: Freelance
- Sector: Residential
- Start date: November 2023
- Salary: £300 per day – £400 per day
- Randstad CPE contact: Matt Jasper (Maidstone branch)
An award winning residential developer with a strong presence in the Kent market. They are looking for a Quantity Surveyor to oversee a mixture of live and upcoming developments up to 200x units in size.
- Working under the Commercial Manager you will take responsibility for both live developments as well as looking at the pre construction element of upcoming schemes.
- Maintain a record of current Build Cost/Rates and liaise with the Company Estimator to ensure all records are current.
- Attend specification meetings to confirm site specific specification requirements from Sales and the latest applicable Build Regulations.
- Attend the Site pre-start meeting to receive construction issue drawings and determine Build and Sales strategy.
- Agree tender list with Area Build Manager and review site build strategy, site overhead provision, build programme and site resource requirements. Ensure availability of the pre-tender Health and Safety Plan.
- Compile tender packages for all sub-contract trades and despatch.
- Receive tenders and qualify. Compile analysis sheet for each trade comparing tender levels with estimates and latest management plan.
- Place and issue sub-contract orders to budget and within programme requirements. Attend and minute all sub-contract order adjudication meetings.
- Compile reports on contract letting vs. estimate for each site periodically, as required.
- Liaise with Build Department on sub-contractors’ performance and compliance with order conditions.
- Attend project team meetings as required.
- Complete sub-contract orders to accord with site programmed build requirements and fully adjudicate prior to issue of documentation.
- Set up and regularly review with the Site Management team the PPQA tick sheet to facilitate sub-contract contract work payment.
- Liaise with Company Management and provide all necessary forecast and site budget information to meet the business’s reporting requirements.
- Control and report post contract cost movements per development every month. To provide such monthly reporting as required by the Commercial Manager.
- Review monthly Site Overhead expenditure with the Area Build Managers.
- Review Professional Fee provisions and statutory service cost, and credits, with the Technical Department.
- Maintain a half yearly site reserve list.
- Issue Payment Withhold Notices, where a contractor application, or part thereof, is in dispute in accordance with Construction Act.
- Immediately advise management of notification of impending claim or legal action arising from a disputed claim or payment from a Sub-Contractor/Service Provider.
- Where necessary, determine a sub-contract order in accordance with Standard Terms and Conditions of Employment and liaise with Build Department in this respect.
- Diligently use the internal system to manage site project administration, including orders, variations, valuations, etc.
- Assist in the regular review of materials on-site and material valuations.
- Agree and process all Sales Variation requests, including works to show homes, stock plots and sales incentive works.
- Properly categorise on the Construction System “unscheduled” and “scheduled” order amendments.
- Settle all variation invoices/applications for payment.
- Ensure the collection of retention against all sub-contract orders. Manage and certify retention releases on completion of the development.
- Complete and agree sub-contract final accounts within 6 months of the last legal completion on-site and prior to the first release of retention to the individual sub-contractors.
- Maintain final account schedule.
- Liaise with the Technical Department to secure site adoptions and tender, let and administer maintenance orders, as required.
- Complete formal site closedown procedure.
- Ensure up to date with legislation changes and attend training and technical training as and when require by the Company.
- Attend departmental meetings as required.
- Deal with queries from site managers.
- Maintain open lines of communication with colleagues in other regions.
- Ensure all relevant stakeholders are informed of key departmental developments.
- Educated to HNC as a minimum but a relevant degree and professional accreditation would be desirable.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in Quantity Surveying within a similar position.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Previous experience of working with a national residential developer is very desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills.
- Cost management (Estimating, Planning and Reporting).
What to do next:
If you feel this role meets your expectations please click apply and upload your latest cv. If you are seeking a new role in the future please feel free to contact Randstad CPE’s Maidstone branch for a confidential discussion where we can provide advice, assistance with training and update you on our latest vacancies.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Expected salary: £300 – 400 per day
Location: Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Job date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 22:19:52 GMT
Apply for the job now!