Job title: Registered Nurse (RN) System Float Pool – Emergency Department
Company: Inova Health System
Job description: Job Description:
The Registered Nurse (RN) for Staffing Solutions will float daily to any site of care within Inova Health System. This role will provide knowledgeable and caring clinical practice and care coordination through an understanding of patients, families, nurses and healthcare delivery teams. This role will consistently provide safe care in a holistic and systematic way while incorporating differences into the provision of care. This role will also serve as an empowering body to influence patient empowerment and successful outcomes of financial and clinical quality through relationships and access-based knowledge.
Experienced, highly skilled, flexible pool supporting the daily staffing needs of Inova Health System Emergency Rooms, Healthplex (standalone Emergency Room) and Emergency Care Centers. It is necessary to have well developed skills and talents to be fully functional on any unit within a professional cluster with minimal orientation and supervision. Adaptability, flexibility, the appeal of experiencing new environments and teams are defining characteristics. All these factors combined with excellent organizational and service skills summarize the quintessential Staffing Solutions nurse.
- Provides knowledgeable and caring clinical practice and care coordination through an understanding of patient, family, nurse, and healthcare delivery team.
- Consistently provides safe, therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way.
- Incorporates differences into the provision of care.
- Conducts all patient care in a patient and family centered manner.
- Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with others.
- Has respect for and understanding of other clinical disciplines.
- Uses an integrated approach toward patient outcomes.
- Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice.
- Serves as a resource, preceptor, and mentor.
- Demonstrates leadership skills in decision making and problem solving.
- Reviews self-development plan and professional goals. Seeks new knowledge toward the progression of professional goals.
- Demonstrates evidence of self-development by obtaining a minimum of six formal contact hours.
- Maintains own Employee Continuing Education Record.
- BSN or AD Required. If RN has an Associate’s Degree, within 6 months of start date the RN must meet with their nurse leader
- Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
- Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
- Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date.
- Complete BSN within 24 months of start date RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as an RN.
- Minimum of three (3) years of Critical Care Nursing experience
- BLS through AHA
- ACLS through AHA
- (PALS required for ED, Peds and L&D positions)
- Licensed to practice as an RN in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Proficient in English.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to display a caring demeanor toward others
- Proficient computer skills required.
For internal use only: IND1 #LI-MA1
Inova is Northern Virginia’s leading nonprofit healthcare provider. Our mission is to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve. Inova’s 18,000 team members serve more than 2 million individuals annually through an integrated network of hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination institutes.
Job date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 06:27:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!