Job title: Senior Executive Editor
Job description: Informa is one of the world’s leading knowledge providers. We create and deliver highly specialized information through publishing, events, training, market intelligence, and expertise, providing valuable knowledge to individuals, businesses and organizations worldwide.
Informa Markets creates platforms for industries to trade, innovate and grow. We provide customers and partners around the globe with opportunities to engage, experience, and do business through face-to-face exhibitions, specialist digital content, and actionable data solutions. As the world’s leading exhibitions organizer, with over 500 international events, we bring a diverse range of specialist markets to life, unlocking opportunities and helping them to thrive 365 days of the year.
Aviation Week Network is the largest multimedia information and services provider for the global aviation, aerospace, and defense industries, serving 1.7 million professionals around the world. Customers include the world’s leading aerospace manufacturers and suppliers, airlines, airports, business aviation operators, militaries, governments and other organizations that serve this worldwide marketplace. Aviation Week Network’s portfolio delivers award-winning journalism, data, intelligence and analytical resources, world-class tradeshows and conferences, and results-driven marketing services and advertising is helping our customers succeed.
What we’re looking for:
The Senior Executive Editor will help to shape and help implement the Aviation Week Network’s strategic expansion in the dynamic markets of Defense and Space. The editor will manage and inspire a team of experienced editors and writers to seek out the most compelling stories, from breaking news to pre-planned in-depth features, and present them in multiple formats (articles, podcasts, webinars, data graphics, videos, slideshows) with insightful content that sets us apart and helps maintain leadership of the Aviation Week brand.
This colleague will be a key member of the editorial leadership team, helping to plan coverage to maximize engagement, working closely with our data and analytics teams and aiding our events team in the planning and execution of relevant Aviation Week Network events. Digital skills and mindset are a must. Prior experience managing teams is a plus.
Role Accountability and Duties:
- Reports to Senior Vice President of Content for Aviation Week Network (AWN)
- Directs defense and space team in long-term planning and content creation.
- Writes compelling, analytical articles with context to inform AWN aerospace industry audience.
- Creates digital content including blogs, galleries, briefs, infographics and articles for Aviation Week’s online and print publications.
- Plans and moderates Aviation Week podcasts and webinars
- Works closely with AWN Events team to support planning and execution of relevant events.
- Coordinates weekly digital and biweekly print coverage for AWN & Space Technology magazine.
- Works closely with AWN data team to enhance reporting with data and predictive analysis.
- Ensures stories and events meet AWN’s highest editorial standards for accuracy and balance.
- Manages and edits global freelance stories.
- Plans staff event travel and budgets
- Incorporates feedback from audience metrics.
- Works with marketing team to grow audience and build the brand of the organization.
- Helps marketing team with global social media strategy.
Manages editorial planner for defense..
What you bring to the team:
- Ten or more years of journalism, with aerospace experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required.
- Editorial management experience required.
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Skill at editing stories to a high standard of accuracy
- Ability to balance multiple projects on multiple timelines.
- Motivated self-starter
- Social media, SEO, and AI awareness
- The ability to collaborate is essential.
- Demonstrated information gathering success.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
Alongside a competitive salary, Informa also offers the following employee benefits:
- Season ticket loan & Cycle2work
- Money purchased pension scheme & life assurance
- Eye care and childcare vouchers
- 25 days annual holiday, increasing to 27 days after 2 years, plus an extra day off for your birthday
- Our Learning team supports year-round development, with face-to-face training, access to LinkedIn Learning and the opportunity for colleagues to earn their Certificate in Exhibition Management (CEM) in-house
- Informa’s colleague Share Incentive Plan matches every share purchased with 2 free shares
- Informa offers a £250 Healthy Lifestyle subsidy to spend on fitness activities and classes
- You are given permission to take days off to volunteer with an approved scheme
We know that sometimes the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don’t fit all the requirements. If you’re excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we’re looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed.
As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or
Job date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 08:02:10 GMT
Apply for the job now!