Job title: Senior Fund Accountant
Company: Search Consultancy
Job description: Search Accounting and Finance are working with a well-known Financial Services firm based in Glasgow to recruit a Senior Fund Accountant.
The Fund Accounting Department is responsible for a wide range of critical functions, including Daily Net Asset Value (NAV) Production, taxation, effective yield accounting, and Statutory and Financial Statements reporting services for various fund types, such as UK Open-ended Investment Companies, Property authorised investment funds, Unit Trusts, UK-administered Luxembourg SICAVs, and life & pension funds. The Fund Owners team within the UK Fund Accounting department plays a pivotal role in ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of external NAV service delivery to UK clients. The team also validates fund trial balance data and collaborates with external auditors and trustees.
- Produce daily NAV prices and deliver non-daily priced information to clients accurately, meeting agreed deadlines.
- Perform calculations for various deliverables, including Daily Net Asset Value (NAV), distribution, monthly trustee/control packs, management service charges, performance fees, portfolio turnover, yield, total expense ratios, and ONS Returns for an assigned portfolio of open and closed-ended funds.
- Timely completion of internal team management information.
- Assist in managing client, auditor, trustee, custodian, and interdepartmental communications for assigned funds.
- Adhere to established procedures and controls in performing allocated tasks.
- Assist in documenting procedures and controls for both new and existing processes.
- Timely escalation of any issues to Senior Fund Accountant and Assistant Manager.
- Ensure corrective and preventative actions are taken when deadlines or quality standards are at risk.
Qualifications and requirements:
- High level of numerical skills and an awareness of investment operations and accounting procedures.
- Fund accounting experience and/or unitised fund pricing knowledge.
- Highly computer literate with excellent Excel skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet regular tight deadlines.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Strong team player.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Experience with HiPortfolio/pControl.
- Investment Operations Certificate (IOC) – If not already completed, a commitment to studying towards it.
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject or equivalent.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
Expected salary: £43000 per year
Job date: Wed, 01 Nov 2023 23:19:46 GMT
Apply for the job now!