Job title: Senior Health & Safety Manager
Job description: Why this job matters
The Senior Health & Safety Manager, reports to the Fibre & network delivery senior management team. They ensure health, safety and sustainability standards are followed in the Fibre & Network Delivery programs and external partner organisations with a focus CDM 2015 regulations. As Health & Safety Senior Manager you will be responsible for developing and delivery health, safety and sustainability strategies across the Fibre and Network Delivery business. You will provide professional, technical, and administrative guidance on HSS decisions critical to Openreach’s Reach 26 program and FND’s objectives, operations, and profitability.
What you’ll be doing
- Operate as an SME in HSE, leading teams in the implementation of the global HSE policies, its mission and vision set, aligning with the wider global strategy.
- Direct teams in maintaining and implementing local operating procedures that meet the requirements of both Group’s HSE integrated Management System and local laws.
- Drives talent and resources in the implementation of a HSE functions reporting capabilities leading the development of management information reports for the global Risk, Business Assurance and Compliance management team expectations.
- Supports teams in ensuring Group stakeholders adhere to robust processes that exceed the minimum legal HSE compliance requirements within the operating countries it is present in and establishes and embeds a HSE assurance programme to monitor legal compliance.
- Directs collaborative working partnerships and peer-to-peer relationships both within the function and across operations and wider stakeholders, to facilitate the achievement of objectives whilst promoting the best working practice and consistently high standards of HSE.
- Directs the necessary relationships with third parties, including enforcement agencies and audit bodies, clients, and customers to reduce risk and continually improve the Group’s HSE reputation.
- Ensures that all Group and Group supplier locations are risk profiled and that the risk profiling drives the HSE compliance monitoring and assurance programme.
- Mentors, coaches, and manages a team to develop current and future team capabilities and ensure performance.
- Leads the implementation of continuous improvement opportunities to improve HSE processes.
- Ability to carry out process governance activities and produce tangible and business-critical reports with recommendations.
- Relevant Engineering and construction experience
- Specific experience in CDM 2015
- Minimum NEBOSH Diploma level safety qualification or equivalent
- Minimum Degree level environmental qualification or equivalent
- Member of recognised safety/environmental professional institute
- Auditor qualifications (ISO14001/9001/45001)
- Ability to provide onsite coaching as required.
- Able to agree ownership of recommendations and own the tracking of those recommendations.
- Ability to provide technical safety and sustainability advice to the contractors.
- Detailed understanding of the terms and conditions contained within the Network Services Handbooks and Health and Safety Handbooks.
- Demonstrate strong people and leadership skills.
- Competitive salary
- Up to 15% Upon-target bonus
- BT Pension scheme • 25 days annual leave (not including bank holidays), increasing with service
- Huge range of flexible benefits including cycle to work, healthcare, car or car allowance
- World-class training and development opportunities
- Option to join BT Shares Saving schemes.
- Discounted broadband, mobile and TV packages
- Access to 100’s of retail discounts including the BT shop
We’re the nation’s number one broadband network and we build the connections that matter.
Our customers are the 640+ communications providers who sell phone, broadband and Ethernet services to homes and businesses and our mission is build the best digital future for the UK.
There’s over 33,000 of us across the country, and we have a vision that our workforce should represent the communities that we serve. Diversity and accessibility are important to both where we are now and where we’re going. We value every colleague and the contribution they make, because a diverse business is a stronger business.
We also want the best work-life balance for all our people, which is why we offer smart working. It’s not a one-size-fits-all solution, so you’ll be able to discuss how smart working fits with your role during the recruitment process.
How to apply
It’s easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by-step process. Don’t worry if you need to make changes – you’ll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page.
We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. We welcome applications from every community and we’re looking forward to receiving yours.
Location: United Kingdom
Job date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 05:56:59 GMT
Apply for the job now!