Job title: Senior Manager – Internal Audit
Job description: Job Advert
Having transitioned to new ownership, Asda continues to undergo transformational change, including significant acquisitions. Not only does the business have ambitious plans for growth, but we are also implementing an entirely new technology ecosystem as we separate from our former parent, Walmart. As part of the Internal Audit and Risk Management team, you will be at the forefront of supporting the business through this change; providing insight to effectively manage the associated risks and ensuring that the opportunities this presents are fully realised.
- Reporting into the Senior Director – Internal Audit, you will play a key role in the Internal Audit Leadership team and be responsible for leading risk-based audits, value-add advisory work and risk management reviews.
- You will lead the delivery of audit engagements, providing oversight and coaching to team members, and ensuring the audit plan is delivered in a timely basis.
- You will ensure quality is maintained through the appropriate application of the audit methodology and auditor judgement.
- You will develop and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, including the C-Suite, and be responsible for managing these relationships ongoing.
- You will contribute to the development of the audit plan, ensuring that it meets the needs and expectations of the Audit Committee and other stakeholders.
- You will prepare reports for the Audit Committee and the Executive Committee which provide value-add insights around the effectiveness of risk management and governance through the organisation.
- You will drive a culture of continuous improvement through the organisation and within the Internal Audit team.
- You will be an experienced audit professional (Internal or External audit) with a track record of creating value through assurance and advisory engagements.
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You will be able to motivate and energise a team.
- You will have excellent business partnering skills.
- You will be able to deliver messages with impact, both in terms of written reporting or verbal presentations.
- You will be comfortable managing your own workload to ensure timely delivery of projects.
- You will be able to demonstrate good attention to detail and an analytical mindset.
- You will be able to demonstrate agility and will be comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment.
- You will be curious and interested to learn and develop.
- Retail sector experience would be advantageous but not a pre-requisite.
- Relevant qualification is required (e.g. IIA, ACA, ACCA etc).
Work Where it Works.
If flexible working is important to you, then look no further! At Asda, we are proud of our culture and our commitment to flexible working. This role is based at Asda House, Leeds, with hybrid working.
You will also get a benefit package including:
- £8,000 company car or car allowance
- Discretionary company bonus
- Company pension 1.5x colleagues contribution
- 10% colleague discount, free parking and many additional rewards.
We want all colleagues to be able to bring their best and true selves to work, every day. Simply put, we want our colleagues to be Proud to be Asda and proud to be themselves.
Job date: Wed, 01 Nov 2023 06:23:06 GMT
Apply for the job now!