Job title: Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Company: Michael Page
Job description: Design of market leading electromagnetic, optical and electrochemical sensors for PAMA (Process Automation – Measurement & Analytics) division. Working in a dynamic multi-disciplinary R&D department consisting of over 20 technicians, engineers and scientists on multiple concurrent NPI projects.
- Acting as technical lead on NPI projects.
- Unambiguous specification of manufactured and proprietary parts and assemblies.
- Delivery and review of technical product documentation including mechanical drawings to BS 8888.
- Delivery and review of tolerance analyses (tolerance stack-ups) according to ISO GPS (GD&T) system.
- Metallic and polymeric materials specification.
- Leading Design Failure Mode and Effects Analyses (DFMEA).
- Design and review of sealed and fastened electromechanical and optomechanical assemblies subject to internal and external pressures.
- Conducting and reviewing design substantiation activities including hand calculations and Finite Element Analysis (FEA).
- Planning and execution of design validation testing and proof of concept experiments
- Product design change and design maintenance, working with cross-functions to see changes introduced into production.
- Advising on Design for Manufacture (DfM) for various processes such as machining, fabricating, injection moulding, casting, additive manufacturing, punching, laser/plasma cutting, etc.
- Training and mentoring of junior engineers.
- Continuous improvement of self and company processes.
Adhering to corporate values and standards including health and safety, ethics and integrity.
Great salary|Career progression opportunity
- Minimum BEng/BSc or higher in mechanical engineering or similar qualification. HND plus sufficient additional working experience of L6 mathematics will also be considered.
- >5 years’ experience after qualifications using 3D design software.
- Proven record of creative and practical thinking / solutions with good analytical approach to problem solving.
- Proven track record of delivering and checking calculations and drawings to BS 8888 and the ISO GPS system.
- Experience of agile product development framework.
- Practical experience of SolidWorks, Windchill PLM and SAP.
- Experience in optomechanical design.
- Experience in Finite Element Analysis (FEA).
Theoretical and practical experience in dimensional metrology.
One of the world’s leading engineering companies which helps customers to use electrical power effectively and to increase industrial productivity in a sustainable way; provides value-added solutions in robotics, machine and factory automation and has around 20 locations in UK.
For the 3rd year running has been recognised as a Top Employer in UK.
Great salary package
Expected salary: £50000 per year
Job date: Sun, 05 Nov 2023 06:11:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!