Job title: Senior Medical Statistician
Company: University of Leeds
Job description: Are you an experienced medical statistician and want to work for an Institute leading in clinical trials research and impacting international clinical practice? Do you want to be part of a successful, highly talented, and multi-disciplinary team? Are you an enthusiastic, driven postgraduate with a major statistical qualification?
The Clinical Trials Research Unit within the is an international leader in the field of clinical trials. The Unit is one of the largest in the UK and conducts national and international randomised and early phase clinical trials in a variety of clinical fields.
Our main aim is to develop and support novel and efficient trials to change clinical practice for the better. Our past results and current research have already helped to do this.
You will join a large, well-established group of statisticians and will work on trials designed to answer questions of real importance that will contribute to improved care pathways and patient outcomes across a range of long-term health conditions of strategic importance to NHS, patients and social care.
What we offer in return
- 26 days holiday plus 16 Bank Holidays/days that the University is closed by custom (including Christmas).
- Health and Wellbeing: Discounted staff membership options at The Edge, our state-of-the-art Campus gym, with a pool, sauna, climbing wall, cycle circuit, and sports halls.
- Personal Development: Access to courses run by our Organisational Development & Professional Learning team, and self-development courses including languages, Creative Writing, Wellbeing Therapies and much more.
- The opportunity, if applicable, to apply for a PhD.
- Access to on-site childcare, shopping discounts and travel schemes are also available.
And much more!
This role will be based on the university campus with scope for it to be undertaken in a hybrid manner. We are also open to discussing flexible working arrangements.
To explore the post further or for any queries you may have, please contact:
Michelle Collinson, Principal Statistician
As an international research-intensive university, we welcome students and staff from all walks of life and from across the world. We foster an inclusive environment where all can flourish and prosper, and we are proud of our strong commitment to student education. Within the Faculty/School of Medicine we are dedicated to diversifying our community and we welcome the unique contributions that individuals can bring, and particularly encourage applications from, but not limited to Black, Asian, people who belong to a minority ethnic community, people who identify as LGBT+; and disabled people. Candidates will always be selected based on merit and ability.
Expected salary: £37099 – 44263 per year
Job date: Wed, 11 Oct 2023 23:05:20 GMT
Apply for the job now!