Job title: Senior Project Manager – Real Estate
Company: Turner & Townsend
Job description: Company Description
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 110 offices worldwide.
We have a number of exciting opportunities for Project Managers to join our expanding Real Estate team in Birmingham.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
- To lead Project Management Commissions, taking responsibility for end to end service delivery, often with respect to large or complex projects.
- To act as the key, day to day client interface, ensuring that client objectives are met and that projects are delivered to time and cost targets and the appropriate quality standards.
Project Managers handle commissions of varying scale and value; depending upon the complexity of the project etc., the normal would be up to £40m in value. However, where the service provided is advisory in nature, for example advising on urban re-generation funding, the overall project size may be much larger.
Project management, to include:
- Advising at a strategic level at the project conception stage, including providing advice on the different approaches that can be adopted in order to successfully achieve the client’s overall objectives
- Leading the establishment of the overall success criteria for the project, including time, cost, technical and performance parameters
- Planning for and the ongoing management of quality, safety, health and environment issues
- Establishing effective project governance, processes and systems to be utilised throughout project
- Project planning, including ensuring the production of the detailed project plan
- Advising upon the procurement of resources
- Leading and facilitating the overall cross-functional project team
- Monitoring and applying performance management techniques, including the use of KPI’s to improve project performance
- Managing the change control process
- Monitoring and advising upon project finances
- Managing the flow of project information between the team and the client, through regular meetings and written communications
- Ensuring the production of formal project progress and other reports
- Taking a leading role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
Marketing and business development, to include:
- Taking responsibility for developing new business opportunities with existing and new Turner & Townsend clients
- Identifying and acting upon cross-selling opportunities
- Working with Associate Directors and Directors to construct bids for new work
- Attending formal client pitches with Assistant Directors and Directors
- Ensuring that project case study, photograph and project CV files are kept up to date
- Identifying and acting upon opportunities to improve project management products and services
Internal management accountabilities, to include:
- Staff management (where appropriate) – Inputting into the formal management of an Assistant Project Manager or small project management team, to include 1st round recruitment interviews, input into resource management and attendance at junior staff appraisals
- Knowledge management – Ensuring that key information and learning generated from each project is input into the Turner & Townsend internal database
- Financial management – Ensuring prompt client invoicing and utilising FMS in order to monitor a project’s financial status
- Process improvement – Identifying and acting upon ways to improve internal systems and processes
- Degree qualified in relevant discipline
- Proven experience manageing Real Estate projects, ideally in a consultancy environment
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at
SOX control responsibilities may be part of this role, which are to be adhered to where applicable.
Join our social media conversations for more information about Turner & Townsend and our exciting future projects:
It is strictly against Turner & Townsend policy for candidates to pay any fee in relation to our recruitment process. No recruitment agency working with Turner & Townsend will ask candidates to pay a fee at any time.
Any unsolicited resumes/CVs submitted through our website or to Turner & Townsend personal e-mail accounts, are considered property of Turner & Townsend and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorised Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Turner & Townsend, there must be a formal written agreement in place and the agency must be invited, by the Recruitment Team, to submit candidates for review.
Job date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 01:59:03 GMT
Apply for the job now!