Job title: Senior Quality Engineer
Job description: Your Impact:
At Jacobs, we’ll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40+ countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay, free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships.
We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
The role will be responsible for:
- Promote a Nuclear and personal Safety Culture, quality standards of Jacobs. Client and International Standards, therefore satisfying expectations.
- Initiating quality investigations conducting root cause analysis as and when quality issues arise.
- Supply Chain Management – Ensuring supplier are capable of supplying into the Nuclear Industry.
- Interaction with client project teams agreeing / challenging quality requirements. Ensuring the right level of quality planning is completed to the individual task ensuring project programme adherence and delivering a value for money service.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- Able to interact and influence at all levels in the organisation and in Clients/Third party organisations.
- 5 Years’ Experience within the Quality Assurance discipline manufacture and installation within a Nuclear Environment.
- Lead Auditor Qualified.
- Formal qualifications as a weld inspector including CSWIP 3.1 Welding Inspector, PCN Level 2 for Magnetic Particle, Dye Penetrant, Radiography Interpretation and Ultrasonic Inspection.
- Member of the Chartered Quality Institute (or working towards).
- P4 Pass holder and SC Clearance.
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s –
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please .
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then
Location: Sellafield, Cumbria
Job date: Sat, 04 Nov 2023 23:28:01 GMT
Apply for the job now!