Job title: Senior Software Engineer
Job description: AVEVA is a global leader in industrial software. Our cutting-edge solutions are used by thousands of enterprises to deliver the essentials of life – such as energy, infrastructure, chemicals and minerals – safely, efficiently and more sustainably.
We’re the first software business in the world to have our sustainability targets validated by the SBTi, and we’ve been recognized for the transparency and ambition of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We’ve also recently been named as one of the world’s most innovative companies.
If you’re a curious and collaborative person who wants to make a big impact through technology, then we want to hear from you! Find out more at https://www.aveva.com/en/about/careers/
Position: Senior Software Engineer
Previous experience: Experience in software development, ideally with a focus on C#, .NET Core, and Azure-based solutions.
Location: Cambridge, United Kingdom – Hybrid (60% Office, 40% Home)
Employment type: Full-time regular (flexible working options available)
Benefits: Competitive salary; flexible benefits fund which can be utilised against over 20 benefits; pension scheme with up to 9% employer contribution; life insurance; income protection insurance; 28 days annual leave (plus bank holidays); 3 days paid volunteering
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll partner with a team of dedicated software developers to design and develop an Azure solution. This solution will administer and manage the industrial design data that underpins AVEVA’s Design products. You will collaborate with Product Owners, Stakeholders, and the Scrum Team in researching, designing, and implementing complex technical solutions, leveraging cloud and edge technology to provide a highly available global solution for managing industrial design data.
- Work with Product Owners, Stakeholders, and Scrum Team to research, design, and implement complex technical solutions.
- Develop and maintain robust cloud solutions using ASP.Net Core and C#.
- Engage in Scrum meetings, including sprint planning and estimating; backlog refinement; daily Scrum meetings; sprint retrospectives and sprint reviews.
- Collaborate with a diverse range of people, including Product Owners, Testers & Product Support across sites.
- Coach and mentor less experienced colleagues and foster a positive, collaborative work environment.
- Demonstrate strong design and coding skills, ideally with C#.
- Cloud development experience with ASP.Net Core.
- Solid understanding of Cloud Service Architecture, preferably in Azure.
- Interest in using Microservice/Service Oriented Architectures.
- Experience with CI/CD tools and processes.
- Experience with Angular, TypeScript, containers, or Terraform would be beneficial but not necessary.
- Previous work in an Agile/Scrum environment and familiarity with modern software development tools and methodologies would be highly beneficial.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- A positive approach to problem-solving with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
R&D at AVEVA
Our global team of 2000+ developers work on an incredibly diverse portfolio of over 75 industrial automation and engineering products, which cover everything from data management to 3D design. AI and cloud are at the centre of our strategy, and we have over 150 patents to our name.
Our track record of innovation is no fluke – it’s the result of a structured and deliberate focus on learning, collaboration and inclusivity. If you want to build applications that solve big problems, join us!
Interested? Great! Get started by submitting your cover letter and CV through our application portal. Our typical application process involves interviews and a technical exercise. If you need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please let us know.
AVEVA requires all successful applicants to undergo and pass a comprehensive background check before they start employment. Background checks will be conducted in accordance with local laws and may, subject to those laws, include proof of educational attainment, employment history verification, proof of work authorization, criminal records, identity verification, credit check. Certain positions dealing with sensitive and/or third party personal data may involve additional background check criteria.
AVEVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to being an exemplary employer with an inclusive culture, developing a workplace environment where all our employees are treated with dignity and respect. We value diversity and the expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business.
Come and join AVEVA to create the transformative technology that enables our customers to engineer a better world.
Job date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 02:36:13 GMT
Apply for the job now!