Job title: Senior Software Engineer (Desktop Application)
Job description: As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll lead projects to expand our offerings beyond the web. You’ll architect and build robust desktop apps that integrate tightly with our platform to provide automated assurance to more organizations. This is an impactful opportunity to broaden CyberSmart’s reach. You’ll craft experiences that balance performance, security, and ease of use for desktop users.
You will be deeply passionate about building intuitive software that solves real-world problems. You’ll champion modern cross-platform desktop technologies and deep operating system integrations. A forward-thinking Senior Software Engineer to join our Product Engineering team, working directly with software engineers, QA engineers, Product managers, designers and more, as well as an open landscape to all parts and people across our organisation.
We believe in ownership and want to empower our experts in utilising their skill sets in a collaborative and supportive agile working environment that is focused on developing our product to the next level. We have a wealth of opportunities and problems to solve. If you are looking to make an impact; to be part of a team where your thoughts are heard and given space to develop, as well as the freedom to thrive in a role, we want to hear from you.
You will achieve success in this position by…
- Design, implementing, and testing desktop application projects, and maintaining high-quality code throughout the development lifecycle.
- Translate business requirements into functional software solutions, ensuring compatibility across platforms.
- Debug and update software, incorporating feedback to enhance application functionality.
- Stay current with industry trends and emerging technologies, and employ best practices in software development.
- Collaborate with QA, UI/UX, and Product Management teams to ensure high-quality software delivery.
- Take responsibility for application performance, creating benchmarks to measure and improve system effectiveness.
- Identify and mitigate potential risks in software development and implementation processes.
- Perform root-caused analysis for critical application issues, ensuring smooth application functionality for end-users.
Hard facts about your experience & background…
- 5 Years of experience in Software Engineering
- Experience in React Native will be a plus
- Have used/consumed third party APIs and applying best practises around this
- Good understanding SOLID/KIS principles and Design Patterns
- Good knowledge and experience of Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Good knowledge and experience of automation and building tools
- Has previously worked in Scrum and Kanban teams
- Experience working effectively in a remote team setup
- Strong communication and technical presentation skills
- Completed a degree in Computer Science
What we offer…
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday plus all UK Bank Holidays
- Employee equity options
- Pension Scheme
- Access to Perks: discounts that save you money in the places you shop the most
- Learning and personal development annual grant (£2,000)
- Personal development annual grant (up to £500)
- Home working allowance (up to £500)
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Regular team breakfasts and lunches
- Full access to our Mental Health & Wellbeing Network, Spill
- The company organizes activities approximately every quarter.
- A great, friendly team, who work to support each other
- Beautiful workspace in Shoreditch- flooded with natural light, filled with plants, free tea and (good) coffee
- The latest Apple technology to keep you productive. Our office has dual-screen workstations and for home working, we will support you with the necessary equipment to be your best wherever you are
If you share our purpose, let’s realize it together. Apply now and join our mission to make robust protection effortless so everyone can thrive online.
At CyberSmart, we prioritize inclusivity. We value diversity in backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, believing it enriches our workplace for our employees, customers, and partners. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and guarantee interviews for disabled candidates who meet the job requirements outlined in the description. We’re open to accommodating your needs during the interview process and within our office at Second Home, Shoreditch, which offers full accessibility, designated spaces for breastfeeding and prayer, and quiet, soundproof hubs for those seeking a tranquil workspace. Your well-being and inclusion are important to us.
Job date: Sat, 16 Sep 2023 22:08:45 GMT
Apply for the job now!