Job title: Service Technician – Bridgend
Job description: We have a fantastic opportunity for a Service Technician to join our UK South Team! The role will be based at our Bridgend Wind Farm.
You’ll be the person that carries out the maintenance activities on our wind turbines in your dedicated service area, supporting other areas as needed. The work will include general, as well as specialized work such as repairs, troubleshooting and fault-finding activities.
If you have a Mechanical or Electrical background and are looking for a new opportunity then why not apply? Don’t worry, you don’t need previous experience working in the Wind Industry as we’ll provide all the training you need to ensure you are successful in the role!
What tasks will I perform?
- Scheduled and unscheduled maintenance according to Nordex manuals and regulations
- Autonomously complete simple repairs of turbines, troubleshooting and faultfinding
- Carry out complex repair-processes in collaboration with the local technical support and Lead Technician
- Carry out planned maintenance-/inspection-activities with subcontractors
- Carry out repair or exchange of main components in cooperation with the respective specialists (e.g. Gearbox)
- Conduct all preparation work for all maintenance activities
- Perform all work with high quality and in time
- Perform all work with a high HSE focus by following all HSE regulations in place
- Check PPE daily & weekly to ensure it is fit for use
- Vehicle checks to ensure they are in good condition and road worthy
- Responsible for good housekeeping at site, as well as following the appropriate site rules to ensure that everyone can work in a safe environment,
- Report accurately and in due time: Safety observations, ADM data inputs, timekeeping, maintenance, repairs and SAP MI
- Other Service related tasks
What are the working hours?
Our core hours are 40 per week (usually 8am to 5pm with a one hour break for lunch) but it’s possible that something may go wrong with a wind turbine right at the end of your shift and you may need to stay and work overtime to solve the problem. Likewise we need our Service Technicians to be on call every 2nd or 3rd weekend. Overtime is paid at time and a half, and you will receive an additional payment for the days you are on on-call.
What Career or Job Experience do I need?
- Experience of Electrical or Mechanical systems
- Knowledge of reading electrical, hydraulic and mechanical diagrams
- Basic HSE knowledge, and the ability to develop further in this area
- Computer literate, able to use MS Office, SAP and in house database and workload management systems
- Experienced in using technical data for fault finding and problem analysis
Education and Qualifications
- Technical education/training through apprenticeship or a technical college qualification or equivalent (HNC, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent).
- You’ll enjoy Teamwork, collaboration and be a good communicator
- Have a quick grasp and be capable of making decisions
- Be an Analytical thinker with the ability to solve problems
- Be Willing to travel on regular basis, including nights away from home
- Flexible in working time and area
- Have resilience & tolerance to frustration
- A Readiness for training
- Be ok working at heights and in all weather conditions
- Good English language skills (read, write and speak fluently)
- Hold a full UK driving license
- You must have the right to work in the UK and not require employer sponsored authorisation for current or future employment in the EU
- Due to the on-call availability and the location of our current team you will ideally live within an hour’s travel distance from the wind farm and service point
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- 33 days annual leave – this includes 25 days holiday and bank holidays
- Company Sick pay scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
Nordex adheres to a policy of equal employment opportunity. All employment decisions are made without regard to protected characteristics and in full compliance with all laws and legislations.
Job date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 07:38:09 GMT
Apply for the job now!