Job title: Software Developer
Company: Planet Recruitment
Job description: Software Developer
Kidlington (Oxfordshire) – Remote working (one day per week in office)
Benefits: Global organisation committed to accelerating an efficient, electric, decarbonised future
- Agile working environment
- Competitive salaries
- Williams Advanced Engineering bonus scheme (dependent on results)
- 26 days holiday plus 8 public holidays (9 for 2022)
- Early finish at 3.30pm on a Friday (providing standard 40 hour week is covered)
- Pension: 4% and 8% employers contribution, increases with service after 3 years (increasing to and 10% after 3 years service
- Group Life Assurance: no cost to employee, 4 x salary for designated dependents, top up to max 10 x salary in first 30 days
- Group Income Protection: pays up to 70% salary, up to 5 years
- Health Cash Plan: covering Optical, Dental, Physio/Osteo/Chiro, 24/7 GP plus prescriptions
- Buy and sell holiday options
- Employee Assistance Programme: professional advice, counselling, financial, legal
- Private Medical Insurance: free at the basic level – P11D benefit
- TEDS Nursery vouchers salary sacrifice scheme
- Occupational Health support
- Free on site gym membership including full range of classes
- On site restaurant
- Employee charity support initiative
- Salary sacrifice Electric Car Scheme
- Employee training system
- Complementary fresh fruit
Drive the development of a new generation of software tools and packages using .net technologies (C# etc), Utilising Azure Pipelines and similar technologies to streamline development and deployment. With the goal of reducing the time it takes for Engineers to make valuable performance decisions over a race weekend.
- Promote a culture of high coding standards and testing within the team.
- Produce well-structured, coherent, and maintainable code in C#.
- Develop a diverse set of applications such as Web APIs (ASP.Net Core), Desktop applications (WinUI 3/WPF) and Background Services.
- Administer our Azure DevOps organisation.
- Support the development and maintenance of databases; SQL and NoSQL, InfluxDB or similar.
- Write unit and integration tests to improve code quality.
- Write technical documentation to support our services and software.
- Keep in touch with new and upcoming technologies to ensure the team continues to evolve.
- Provide remote event software support outside of core working hours.
- Liaise with customers to support and improve our software tools.
Experience & Qualifications:
A relevant degree, equivalent qualification, or significant industry experience.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Self-motivation and the ability to complete tasks with minimal guidance, and to work under pressure to meet critical deadlines.
- A creative and proactive approach to problem-solving, along with good attention to detail.
- Flexible attitude to working hours.
- To follow and actively enforce the company’s health and Safety and HV policies.
This job description is not exhaustive, and the job holder will be required to carry out from time-to-time tasks in addition to the above that will be both reasonable and within their capabilities.
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.
Job Reference: AW000290_1698054719
Salary: £45000 – £50000 per annum
Salary From: £45000
Salary To: £50000
Job Industries: IT
Job Locations: Kidlington, Oxfordshire
Job Types: Permanent
Expected salary: £45000 per year
Location: Kidlington, Oxfordshire
Job date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 22:07:53 GMT
Apply for the job now!