Job title: Solution Architect
Company: EDF Energy
Job description: Solution Architect
We’re looking for a Solution Architect to join our team and help shape our architectural landscape. In this role, you’ll play a vital part in how we deliver and improve our business solutions.
The Solution Architect works within an overall team of Solution Architects that cover the broad scope of the Customers business unit and the individual Retail, Energy Business Solutions and Wholesale Market Services business units within it. With a business domain specialism, the Solution Architect will own the technology roadmap for that specialism across Customers, engaging with the business stakeholders to understand strategic intent and be curious on the overall trends of the technology and competitor market to recommend solutions. The solution architect will be a key member of delivery activities in addition to their strategic roadmap responsibilities, defining end-to-end solutions and ensuring delivery initiatives meet architectural principles and guardrails.
Pay, benefits and culture
Alongside a salary starting from £66,000 (depending on experience) potential to earn 5% bonus, 28 days of annual leave plus bank holidays and a market-leading pension scheme, we offer a range of flexible benefits to support our people across all aspects of their lives.
Your rewards package includes a choice of benefits, such as electric vehicle leasing, enhanced parental leave, health insurance, discounts and employee pricing.
Flexible working means you can work from home (if you wish) and we’ll provide a suite of IT equipment to ensure that you can work remotely comfortably and effectively. This role would require you to travel to some of our offices across UK as and when required.
Harry from our Solutions and Architecture team says: “Being a Solutions Architect is fantastic. The role has a broad scope for curious, creative thinking and there is plenty of opportunity for personal development. The team is really supportive and knowledgeable, which helped me feel welcome and enthusiastic from day one. We work with a wide variety of teams across Customers to help them developed and shape their technology and seeing the positive impact this can have is really rewarding.”
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone has a voice and where you feel confident being yourself. We’re committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We’d like our future workforce to have an equal gender balance, represent a broad mix of people from minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, those with a disability and supporting social mobility.
We’re a disability confident employer and we’ll do all we can to help with your application, making adjustments as you need.
We’ll value the difference you bring and offer opportunities for you to thrive and succeed.
What you’ll be doing
- Taking ownership and developing the architectural roadmap within a specific business domain, keeping up with new technologies, market trends, and business needs.
- Being a key player in change delivery projects, working closely with the project team to implement technical changes that align with business goals.
- Ensuring cost transparency and a value-focused mindset when it comes to the technical aspects of meeting business capabilities.
- Collaborating with other change agents to drive excellence across our business capabilities, sharing knowledge and ideas.
- Being an informed buyer of technology, evaluating and recommending new solutions from the market.
- Leading Proof of Concepts, technology trials, and proof of value activities, gaining approval for innovative ideas.
- Collaborating with software engineers to build cloud-native solutions.
- Owning and managing the architectural roadmap for your domain.
Who you are
- Do you have a future facing mindset when it comes to technology and solutions that can improve our business and drive to support the UK to achieve net zero?
- Are you proactive and able to engage with stakeholders at all levels to describe technology concepts and capabilities in business value terms?
- Are you a strong team player that likes to make change initiatives happen as well as driving future solution thinking?
- Are you curious, creative and have a mindset which means you enjoy continually learning and sharing your experience?
- Do you have experience of architecting in a cloud native context?
Does this sound like you? If so, come join us as a Solution Architect at EDF UK focusing on our Customers Business Unit!
Closing date for applications: 15th November 2023
Join us and together we can help Britain achieve Net Zero.
Expected salary: £66000 per year
Location: United Kingdom
Job date: Fri, 03 Nov 2023 02:37:58 GMT
Apply for the job now!