Job title: Studio Manager
- A dynamic and pivotal role in managing on-set creative teams whilst ensuring the smooth running of the day-to-day studio operation at Selfridge’s.
- You will be integral to communicating the daily creative objectives for each model and stills set from Art Direction.
- Brief teams alongside Art Direction at the start and at regular intervals throughout the day.
- Responsible for ensuring mannequin sets operate effectively and identify workflow improvements within this area.
- Ensure the technical infrastructure works correctly and the studio has adequate resource to allow the on-set teams to thrive.
- Own equipment management and maintenance, keeping ahead with new technology to support content innovation and future studio plans.
- Work in partnership with Production, Styling and Photography editors to ensure on-set teams are effectively able to fulfill their roles and responsibilities and achieve their KPIs.
- Provide status updates to the wider studio throughout the day and demonstrate excellent time management skills.
- Responsible for creating and the delivery of daily call sheets in partnership with the Senior Fashion Production Coordinator.
- Work in partnership with the Bookings Editor to ensure casting is in line with Photography and Styling feedback.
- Hold weekly status meetings with the Stock operations and Styling managers to ensure product flows through the studio effectively.
- Proactive in addressing the replacement, repair and maintenance of all on-set equipment.
- Responsible for keeping a strong pool of high-caliber freelance talent if needed and giving feedback to the production team.
- This is a full-time, 5 days a week, studio based role.
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong organizational skills and a hands-on, can-do approach
- Solid understanding of how e-commerce sets operate and how to get the best out of a team.
- Proficient with lighting, photography and video set ups across on-model and still sets.
- Comfortable conveying business needs whilst fostering strong relationships within the team.
- Ability to trouble shoot and problem solve
- Excellent knowledge of industry trends and best practice in e-commerce studios.
- Experience across luxury brands and working within large teams a must.
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague.
About the Company
Rewards and benefits
Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or hybrid working
Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
Defined pension contribution scheme
Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
Subsidised gym memberships
A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme (subject to eligibility criteria)
Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail…
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
To ensure every feels welcome, we offer support at every stage of the application and interview process. Should you need it, please let your recruitment contact know and they will be more than happy to help.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked…Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.
Salary Competitive plus benefits
Job Reference selfridges/TP/371600/4600
Contract Type Permanent
Closing Date 19 November, 2023
Job Category Photostudio
Location London, United Kingdom
19 October, 2023
Your name (required)
Your email address (required)
Receiver name (required)
Your friend’s email address (required)
This form is protected by Google reCAPTCHA. By using this form you agree to the and .
Spread the word
Jobs in the same category
This website is using cookies to improve your browsing experience. If you navigate to another page without changing the settings below you consent to this.
Job date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 04:59:39 GMT
Apply for the job now!