Job title: Supervisor -Solicitor / Chartered Legal Executive – Property Recoveries – Bristol
Company: DAC Beachcroft
Job description: We are delighted to announce that we are looking for a Supervisor – Solicitor/Chartered Legal Executive to join our property recoveries team. This role is predominantly Claimant based role. You will have an excellent opportunity to develop your legal skills, knowledge and career within a supportive team and an ambitious firm. DAC Beachcroft’s Claims Solutions Group Property team provides solutions to the Insurance Property Recovery Sectors.
We are looking for a qualified lawyer to effectively manage their own caseload and supervise, develop and coach a team of lawyers by ensuring the team deliver and exceed against financial targets, maintain and improve the quality of service to clients. The role also involves support to the team partner around client account management and business development.
What’s in it for you?
As well as offering high levels of flexibility and a great work life balance, we offer a well-rounded remuneration package (which includes private medical insurance, income protection insurance and discounted gym membership, amongst many other benefits) alongside real opportunities for growth and progression. We actively encourage colleagues to make use of our professional funding scheme to complete legal or business qualifications relevant to your role.
At DAC Beachcroft our Flex Forward policy means that we have relaxed core hours and colleagues are able to flex their hours across the day and week. For more information please review the following link –
There are regular in person and remote social events organised for colleagues at DAC Beachcroft , not to mention the opportunity to get involved in a range of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) activities, including volunteering or becoming an ally for one of our inclusion and diversity or business network groups.
We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, which aligns closely to our cultural principles (Determined, Clear, Creative and Supportive). If you are excited about this role and being part of our culture, but your past experience does not align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!
What you will do
- Achieve and exceed own financial targets.
- Ensuring files are run pro-actively and effectively to conclusion, with appropriate deadlines met.
- General recoveries tasks consisting of investigatory and litigation work on all fast and intermediate-track files.
- Handling their own case load, including negotiating quantum and settlement of damages with third parties
- Obtaining witness statements; contacting relevant parties to obtain salient documents; drafting letters of claim, issuing proceedings, disclosure, instructing Counsel/experts, progressing a file through to Trial.
- Ensuring that lawyers work effectively to meet the needs of the clients and the commercial requirements of the firm, managing any identified fee earner performance or conduct issues.
- Ensuring any client complaint, emerging risk or compliance issues within a case are identified, addressed and escalated to the team partner within required timescales, as well as ensuring that relevant learning points are highlighted and actioned.
- Direct line management for a team of lawyers.
- Managing performance issues for individual lawyers within their sub-team, which could include carrying out investigations, supporting the implementation and review of Performance Improvement Plans (PIPS) and providing additional technical support or training
- Driving and improving individual lawyers financial performance through effective management and support.
- Supporting the team partner with recruitment activities, such as interviewing and application short-listing.
- Responsible for the induction of new joiners and ongoing technical development of lawyers.
- Support to the team partner around client account management and business development
Who you are
- Be a Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive, or have substantial pre-qualification experience and be very close to qualification.
- Previous supervision and / or team management experience is advantageous when managing lawyers undertaking more complex roles.
- Previous experience of supporting client account management is advantageous.
- Sufficient technical ability to supervise the allocated sub-team.
- A high level of personal compliance with DAC Beachcroft Group protocols and procedures.
- Evidence of achievement of personal financial performance.
- Evidence of commercial acumen, resilience and confidence
- Evidence of effective people management skills including the ability to motivate, coach and mentor team members at all levels.
- Organised and able to handle multiple demands and deadlines simultaneously.
- Able to communicate confidently orally and in writing at all levels.
- Demonstrates alignment with the Firm’s Cultural Principles (Clear, Creative, Determined and Supportive).
About DAC Beachcroft
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,900 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Milan, Rome, Singapore, Argentina Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual’ rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit .
What you need to know about applying
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at
Location: Bristol Area
Job date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 02:25:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!