Job title: Supplier Quality Engineer
Job description: Leeds – United Kingdom
Supplier Quality Engineer
As the demand for energy increases so does our need for motivated, talented people to meet the engineering and technical challenges of today’s business. OneSubsea®, as part of the global SLB business, have numerous career opportunities that will let you prove your abilities from your first day and throughout your career.
SLB is the world’s leading supplier of technology, integrated project management and information solutions to customers working in the energy industry worldwide. Within SLB, the OneSubsea group provides a complete range of flow control equipment and services for offshore drilling rig systems including subsea production, measurement and processing systems.
OneSubsea delivers integrated solutions, products, systems, and services for the subsea market. The company offers a step change in reservoir recovery for the subsea industry through integration and optimization of the entire production system over the life of the field. OneSubsea leverages its flow control expertise, process technologies and world-class manufacturing and life of field capabilities, along with SLB’s technical leadership, reservoir and production technology, and R&D capabilities.
OneSubsea’s unique Pore to Process™ approach helps provide end-to-end solutions from reservoir to surface, that address client challenges with the goal of optimizing production and increasing recovery. OneSubsea currently has more than 6,000 employees in over 23 countries.
We currently have multiple exciting opportunities for Engineers to join our Subsea Engineering team in Leeds at all experience levels. Offering a very competitive base salary, lucrative bonus scheme linked to company performance and generous pension contribution. Plus numerous other benefits comprising a fantastic overall package including private medical insurance, flexible working hours, hybrid working and access to the discounted stock purchase program and more.
Within OneSubsea, the Leeds site is recognised as an Engineering and Project Execution center of excellence, as well as a talent development hub. There are over 360 employees on site including over 140 engineers. We have all the typical functions you would expect from an industry leading Engineering site, with Engineering, Project Management, Quality, Supply Chain, Tendering, HR and more functions all represented. Our teams are engaged in all aspects of the full Project lifecycle from Exploration to Design, through Delivery, into Installation and Aftermarket Support.
The Leeds site was fully refurbished in 2019 to an exceptional standard with multiple meeting rooms, break-out/collaboration areas and quiet zones to cater for all our team’s needs.
- Total Site area – 8,000 m2
- Extensive Secure Car Parking Spaces & Bike Storage
- Electric Vehicle Charging Points
- Onsite Café and Costa coffee
- Onsite Gym with Changing and Shower Facilities
- Fully Connected Meeting Rooms
Supplier Quality Engineer
This role is key to improving supplier quality, with a target of zero defects by prioritising and mitigating the risk for assigned suppliers and performing audits accurately and on time.
- Comply with relevant procedures governing work scope
- Conduct supplier assessments (audits) and supplier qualification audits (new and existing)
- Monitor supplier performance and drive improvement (CPAR, re-evaluate performance)
- Analyse /RCA supplier performance (e.g. Scorecard) – strategic (collaboration with Supply Chain)
- Conduct Pre-Production meeting/on-boarding/ initial activities
- Reduce and open ZV high severity NCR’s/CPARs (Global and local managed suppliers)
- Investigate supplier quality concerns, including NCR’s, SDR’s, FPR’s etc.
- Manager AVL/update AVL in SAP (quality specific information)
- First Article Inspection review/inspection (local/product/project)
- Maintain vendor qualification records in Document Management System
- Sustain CCM vendor portal (Training and Compliance)
- Support the development and implementation of strategic initiatives when assigned
Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience of the Energy Industry
- Qualified Lead Auditor
- Training and Experience on Root Cause Analysis Techniques/ (Six Sigma desirable)
- Manufacturing qualifications (desirable)
- Mechanical inspection (desirable
- Job holder needs to be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision, but with high levels of accuracy and personal responsibility
- A structured approach to tasks and excellent organisation skills are vital, as is the ability to manage simultaneous tasks and prioritise accordingly
- IT skills are important, in particular MS Office applications and SAP (or other similar MRP) system
- Significant potential travel exists with this role – the majority of the supply base exists within the UK but requirements for international travel may exists periodically
OneSubsea is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
Job date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 02:26:59 GMT
Apply for the job now!