Job title: System Nursing Education Specialist – Full Time- Days- Jackson
Company: Henry Ford Health System
Job description: The Nursing Education Specialist is an advanced practice nurse who provides leadership and works in partnership with nursing, the health care team and system leaders to develop a quality practice setting that supports professional nursing practice and quality patient care.
Previous Intensive Care Experience Preferred
- Masters Degree in Nursing (MSN) from accredited institution required;
- Minimum five years clinical experience and two years of teaching experience in a university or college and/or hospital/health care institution.
- Competence in curriculum or program design, development and evaluation.
- Effective interpersonal skills, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire commitment and to energize people to achieve mutual goals.
- Must be self directed and able to work independently.
- Ability to integrate knowledge of cultural diversity into role.
- Possesses broad knowledge of health care systems, trends, and the care continuum.
- Communicates effectively orally, in writing and through technology.
- Computer Skills: Considerable amounts of computer work. Computer skills including Microsoft Software (Word, PowerPoint) and familiar with use of Internet.
- CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSURES REQUIRED: Certification in area of specialty preferred; Current Michigan RN licensure required. PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment with minimal exposure to noise, dust, or extreme temperatures.
- Organization: Corporate Services
This posting represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described above.
Under the leadership of President and CEO Robert G. Riney, Henry Ford Health is a
$6 billion integrated health system comprised of six hospitals, a health plan, and 250+ sites
including medical centers, walk-in and urgent care clinics, pharmacy, eye care facilities and
other healthcare retail. Established in 1915 by auto industry pioneer Henry Ford, the health system
now has 32,000 employees and remains home to the 1,900-member Henry Ford Medical Group, one
of the nation’s oldest physician groups. An additional 2,200 physicians are also affiliated with the
health system through the Henry Ford Physician Network. Henry Ford is also one of the region’s
major academic medical centers, receiving between $90-$100 million in annual research funding and
remaining Michigan’s fourth largest NIH-funded institution. Also an active participant in medical
education and training, the health system has trained nearly 40% of physicians currently practicing
in the state and also provides education and training for other health professionals including nurses,
pharmacists, radiology and respiratory technicians. visit .
Whether it’s offering a new medical option, helping you make healthier lifestyle choices or
making the employee enrollment selection experience easier, it’s all about choice. Henry
Ford Health has a new approach for its employee benefits program – My Choice
Rewards. My Choice Rewards is a program as diverse as the people it serves. There are
dozens of options for all of our employees including compensation, benefits, work/life balance
and learning – options that enhance your career and add value to your personal life. As an
employee you are provided access to Retirement Programs, an Employee Assistance Program
(Henry Ford Enhanced), Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Employee Health and Wellness, and a whole host of other benefits and services. Employee’s classified as contingent status are not eligible for benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer Henry Ford Health is
committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to
race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, size, height,
weight, marital status, family status, gender identity, sexual orientation, and genetic information,
or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Location: Detroit, MI
Job date: Wed, 11 Oct 2023 05:39:04 GMT
Apply for the job now!