Job title: Systems Engineer
Company: Raytheon Technologies
Job description: Date Posted: 2024-01-30
Country: United Kingdom
Location: GBR13: Home – Harlow, Essex, Kao One, Kao Park, Harlow, CM17 9NA
Position Role Type: Unspecified
Remote with occasional UK wide travel
Fulltime 37 hrs
At Raytheon UK, we take immense pride in being a leader in defence and aerospace technology. As an employer, we are dedicated to fuelling innovation, nurturing talent, and fostering a culture of excellence.
Joining our team means being part of an organisation that shapes the future of national security whilst investing in your growth and personal development. We provide a collaborative environment, abundant opportunities for professional development, and a profound sense of purpose in what we do. Together, we are not just advancing technology; we’re building a community committed to safeguarding a safer and more connected world.
As a leading defence and aerospace company operating across the United Kingdom, Raytheon UK helps to solve our customers’ toughest challenges. We are a major supplier to the UK government and customers around the globe, providing defence solutions across all domains: land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. We also provide digital and training transformation solutions to commercial and military customers.
With circa 2000 employees and major facilities operating throughout the UK including Broughton (Wales), Livingston and Glenrothes (Scotland), and Harlow, Gloucester, and Manchester (England); we are committed to investing in British careers and technology development.
Through advanced technology and our people’s expertise, our Training Transformation Services is modernising what’s possible in the training and preparation of our armed forces. With a real blended approach to learning and using the latest innovative systems and technology, we ensure our service men and women really are prepared for any situation.
Raytheon UK seeks an experienced Systems Engineer, with experience of product development from requirements to acceptance. This role is ideally suited to an engineer with experience in the defence industry, ideally within training development.
The Systems Engineer will have to be sufficiently flexible to perform in different contexts. Some tasking may be primarily internal, working within a matrix team to develop procurement strategies and to mature requirements for training devices which they will then assist in taking through a procurement cycle. Other tasking may be centred on managing, for Raytheon, the activities of a sub-contractor undertaking detailed design and build of a training device.
The successful applicant will support the required capability. The following main duties:
- Working with the Solution Architect to define work packages and technical requirements.
- Individually contribute to the execution and delivery of key work packages.
- Undertaking activities associated with product specification and qualification.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to assist in the implementation of advanced training devices; the wider team includes specialists in requirements, test and acceptance, system architecture and supportability.
- Contributes to problem resolution at a team level.
- Contributes to and helps improve planned system operation.
- Create and maintain documentation for system configurations, processes and procedures
- A relevant degree or equivalent training.
- Strong experience in systems engineering, ideally on all sections of the V-model.
- Experience with systems engineering technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Experience writing scopes of work and acceptance criteria.
- Knowledge of the development of Systems of Systems.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, multi-discipline environment to produce deliverable products.
- Experience with Atlassian suite, working with Jira and Confluence
- Hands-on experience with configuration management tools
- Has, or is able to obtain, security clearance.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Valid driving licence.
- Experience of working in an Agile/SCRUM/DevOps delivery model.
- Awareness of NAFv4 and/or TOGAF.
- Experience of training devices.
Should you require any adjustments to support you in the recruitment process please discuss with your recruiter or email the request to
Competitive Benefits and Work Culture
- Competitive salaries.
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays, plus opportunity to buy and sell up to 5 days (37hr)
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- Company bonus scheme (discretionary).
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’ with pension.
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice schemes, including Health Cashplan, Dental, and Cycle to Work amongst others.
- Enhanced sick pay.
- Enhanced family friendly policies including enhanced maternity, paternity & shared parental leave.
- Car / Car allowance (dependant on grade/ role)
- Private Medical Insurance (dependant on grade)
- 37hr working week, although hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site-specific arrangements.
- Early 1.30pm finish Friday, start your weekend early!
- Remote, hybrid and site based working opportunities, dependant on your needs and the requirements of the role.
- A grownup flexible working culture that is output, not time spent at desk, focussed. More formal flexible working arrangements can also be requested and assessed subject to the role. Please enquire or highlight any request to our Talent Acquisition team to explore the flexible working possibilities.
- Up to 5 paid days volunteering each year.
Raytheon UK is a landed company and part of the wider RTX organisation. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, USA, but with over 180,000 employees globally across every continent, RTX provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide and comprises three industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, and Raytheon.
Supporting over 35,000 jobs across 13 UK sites, RTX is helping to drive prosperity. Each year our work contributes over £2.7bn to the UK economy and offers a wealth of opportunities to 4,000 suppliers across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. We’re investing in all corners of the country, supporting 29,040 jobs in England, 3,040 in Northern Ireland, 1,900 in Scotland and 1,600 in Wales.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Raytheon UK, we are committed to fostering a workplace that champions diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) as fundamental pillars of our organisational culture. We believe that the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences of our employees are invaluable assets that drive innovation and excellence in everything we do.
In embracing diversity, equity, and inclusion, Raytheon UK strengthens its ability to deliver innovative solutions to complex challenges. We are proud to create a workplace where all individuals can thrive and contribute to the advancement of technology, security, and a better future for all. Our aim is for our employees to produce the best work of their lives so together we build a stronger, more inclusive future.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this to read the Policy and Terms
Location: Harlow, Essex
Job date: Fri, 09 Feb 2024 02:34:55 GMT
Apply for the job now!