Job title: Systems/Solutions Architect – Defence Capability
Company: Ultra Electronics
Job description: At Ultra I&C Cyber we protect highly sensitive information, working with nations worldwide to help ensure their information is secure as possible. Our engineers work on the most difficult cybersecurity challenges to protect our national security and critical infrastructure; we strive to protect what matters. It’s why we come to work. It’s what we’re good at.
- The Systems/Solution Architect, at this grade, applies technical / professional knowledge, making independent and joint judgements based on tried and true practice and significant previous experience relating to identifying opportunities, pursuits and customer engagement.
- The Systems/Solution Architect will work directly with Business Development team, senior leadership and engineering teams to drive revenue opportunities.
- The Systems/Solution Architect is responsible for collating, defining and quantifying each opportunity throughout the ITN, RFI/P/Q and gated process, whilst facilitating the initial phases on contract to ensure and inform the solution architectures.
- The Systems/Solution Architect is required to have attained full working knowledge of a Systems Engineering approach, ISO15288, where they are responsible for the proposed bid solution’s logical, functional and physical architectures, also define the proposed engineering strategy required to design and delivery it.
- Concepts and proposals are to demonstrate full awareness of current and future capabilities within the business, where a cost and risk based approach identifies partnering options and drive concept decision making.
- Spearhead the Engineering team and Systems discipline, where they represent and lead engineering opportunities that aligns to our Engineering processes and governance framework.
- As an experienced member of the systems discipline the Systems/Solution Architect will line manager a number reports on a daily basis as well as technically lead and mentor other engineers. The Systems/Solution Architect is to take an active role in supporting pre and post contract awareness and champion implementation of Systems Engineering both internally and externally.
- Provide proactive and reactive input to engineering and Systems Engineering capability improvement (process, tooling and resource), actively supporting the implementation and development of the agreed improvements.
To deliver value and contribute towards the growth of the business a suitable candidate for this role must have:
- Experience with architectural design;
- Demonstrate full knowledge of the SE lifecycle, V and numerous development models (Iterative, Incremental etc)
- Experience of strategy, planning and design of complex solutions, as either standalone capability or for integrating in/with other systems;
- Proven SE techniques, i.e modelling, to quantify and capture capability use and employment, resulting in a needs definition.
- Identify BD growth and development opportunities from internal and external influence.
- Experience of integration strategies and frameworks and tools;
- Hands-on expertise in a number of the following areas: Command & Control Defence systems, sensors, communications, encryption, land/maritime/airborne capability
- Excellent, multi method and tool, Customer/Stakeholder management skills and techniques
- Proactive implementation of a joint discipline and business aligned approach for engineering defence solutions
- Ability to define and realise technical/capability demonstration solutions, optimising COTS/OTS equipment and demonstrate to internal and external stakeholders.
- Support external engagement with travel to both customer and supplier meetings, as required.
- Demonstrate their role in ensuring and assuring the initial on contract phases up to an include the Systems Design Review (Architecture definition)
- Proven line management, technical leadership and mentoring skills and experience of a minimum of 4 engineers.
Here at Ultra I&C we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusivity. Underpinned by our values, behaviours and policies, we want you to feel empowered to be the best version of yourself. We also believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures will increase our diversity of thinking, ensuring we successfully deliver to our customers.
We therefore do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possible. If you have any issues with your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Maidenhead, Berkshire
Job date: Sat, 03 Feb 2024 03:44:39 GMT
Apply for the job now!