Job title: Technical Compliance Director
Company: Michael Page
Job description: Providing a technical supporting role to the client facing partners and managers across the entire practice on all arising matters. You will be working closely with and supported by the firm’s existing Audit Compliance Partner and the Chairman/Managing Partner
The key responsibilities for this Technical Compliance Director based in Cambridge include:
- As this role is new to the firm, you will able to play an instrumental part in its shaping and lead on all areas of compliance and risk management
- Providing a technical supporting role to the client facing partners and managers across the entire practice on all arising matters including:
- Technical financial reporting;
- Audit related matters;
- Anti-money laundering queries;
- Ethical requirements from both the ICAEW and the FRC; and
- Managing potential conflicts of interest considerations.
- Ensuring effective communication on all areas of compliance within the firm.
- Undertaking cold file reviews across our current 21 offices and future new offices on all assignments including audits and non-audits
- Undertaking hot file reviews/EQCR’s as required under ethical requirements or internal procedures.
- Acting as a point of contact with the ICAEW on compliance related matters and supporting the current Audit Compliance Partner and Practice Assurance Partner.
- Undertaking a review of existing working practices, suggesting improvements and delivery of agreed recommendations.
- Completion of the ICAEW Annual Returns for the existing 13 ICAEW regulated entities within the firm structure and any new firms acquired.
- Undertaking a review of the current policies and procedures, making recommendations for any improvements and implementing agreed changes and maintaining oversight on a continuing basis.
- Oversight of training requirements, including mandatory CPD requirements.
- Assisting on compliance due diligence on the firm’s future acquisitions and mergers.
Top 40 Accountancy Practice |Providing a technical supporting role to the client facing partners and managers
The successful candidate for this Technical Compliance Director opportunity based in Cambridge will be/have:
- A qualified accountant and Auditor
- Working in or having worked in an accountancy practice in an existing relevant technical or compliance role
- A desire and interest to further your knowledge and to progress
Based in Cambridge the Accountancy Practice acts for a wide spectrum of clients across very varied industries, sectors and turnovers. Alongside a proportion of smaller sole traders partnerships and limited companies, the firm also acts for a significant number of larger OMBs, SMEs, not for profit, charity and larger corporates, groups and subsidiaries with audit requirement. Excellent career progression prospects are on offer here with a fast growing firm of chartered accountants. Home/office working mix on offer with flexible hours and good benefits.
- Competitive Salary
- Scope for progression
- Flexible working – homeworking, different start and finish times
- Private Health Cover for qualified staff and managers
- Study support if required to complete study/or to commence at a later date
- Recognised training office with ICAEW & ACCA
- Payment of subscription fees
- Childcare Voucher scheme
- Voluntary Healthcare scheme
- Pension Scheme – with employer contribution
- Death in Service Benefit
- Commission scheme for client referral/introducing new clients and staff
Expected salary: £65000 per year
Job date: Wed, 01 Nov 2023 08:18:17 GMT
Apply for the job now!