Job title: Technical SEO Manager
Company: Pumpkin Insurance Services
Job description: Hi from Pumpkin!
Pumpkin is a pet care company on a mission to help make ‘the best pet care possible fur all’. We want to revolutionize pet healthcare by making it easier for families to provide their pets with the wellness and medical care they need throughout their lives. Launched by Zoetis (ZTS), a Fortune 500 company that’s the world’s largest animal health company, Pumpkin is an early-stage startup with big dreams! As a pack, we share agility, guts, collaboration, and a relentless pursuit in creating a healthier, happier world for pets and their people.
Pumpkin is looking for an experienced, results-driven Technical SEO Manager to support the DTC team’s ambitious growth goals. In this role, you’ll report to the Senior Director of Performance Marketing to help drive site traffic and improve search rankings.
This will be a hybrid position, with a requirement of 2 days a week in the New York City office.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and execute successful SEO strategies to grow our organic traffic and rank for competitive pet insurance keywords
- Assist product/engineering teams in developing and maintaining our WordPress CMS, including light engineering work, site speed improvements, template creation, and plugin implementation and maintenance
- Manage our SEO vendors and agencies and oversee our engineering partners’ implementation of new feature work
- Perform ongoing technical audits to identify enhancements, bugs, and fixes
- Create and implement link building strategy (internal and external) to help build website authority
- Set up and monitor alert system for when things break or are underperforming (crawlability, site structure/technical, speed, XML Sitemaps, canonical tags, meta data, redirects, etc)
- Regularly conduct keyword research to form recommendations on upcoming content and help the team better structure content to rank organically
- Measure success using a variety of SEO resources including Google Search Console, Google Analytics, SEMRush, and Ahrefs
- Stay current on emerging trends, SEO best practices and the latest algorithm updates
What We’re Looking For:
- 4+ years of experience with SEO, with heavy emphasis on the technical side, preferably with startups and early stage companies
- Proficient in SEO industry tools, such as SEMRush, Ahrefs, Majestic, Moz, Screaming Frog, SEO Spider, BuzzStream, NinjaOutreach, Pitchbox, and Link Research Tools, etc.
- Hands-on experience with external link acquisition
- Strong data and analytical skills to understand, report on, and present SEO metrics at scale
- Strong content & copy skills to be a self starter (craft strong outreach emails, maintain & update content)
- Examples of sites you have worked on for SEO, along with the rough dates you worked on them
Benefits and Perks:
- Comprehensive contributions to medical, dental and vision for colleagues and dependents.
- Generous PTO and Paid Holidays
- 401k with company match
- Pumpkin Insurance and preventative care for every pet in your family
- The opportunity to join a team where every team member has the autonomy and support they need to boss their role and make empowered decisions
- Pet Friendly Offices, Stocked Kitchens, Team Workouts, Team Outings and much more!
Pumpkin’s Core Values:
Pets Come First: Put what’s best for pets at the center of everything we do
Trust the Pack: Help families make empowered pet care decisions
Jump Fences: If there’s a will, there’s always a way over them
Share Toys: Be generous with our gifts and amazing things will happen
Dig New Holes: Challenge conventions to create the future of pet health care
The compensation for this position ranges from $100,000- $130,000 (annually). Compensation may vary outside the listed range, based on a number of factors including but not limited to location, qualifications, performance, skills and experience. The compensation range listed is just one component of Pumpkin’s total compensation package for employees. Total compensation packages, depending on the position, may also include incentive compensation, discretionary bonuses, and other short or long-term incentives. If hired, employees will be in an ‘at-will position’ and Pumpkin reserves the right to modify compensation (as well as any other discretionary payment or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Newly hired staff must be fully vaccinated by their start date. Applicants unable to comply with this policy due to an underlying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may be eligible for an accommodation, unless such an accommodation would be unduly burdensome or present a direct threat to the applicant, our employees, or the members of our greater community.
Pumpkin is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Expected salary: $100000 – 130000 per year
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Thu, 09 Nov 2023 05:05:41 GMT
Apply for the job now!