Job title: Transport Planner Apprentice – Data Technician Qualification
Job description: Are you looking to turn your passion for IT into a career? We have a fantastic opportunity to join our client’s IT team.
Job Title: Transport Planner Apprentice
Pay: £15,000 per annum
18 Month Apprentice with a view of a full-time permanent position upon completion
Hours: Monday – Friday 08:30am – 17:30pm
Location – Tetbury (GL8)
Training Provided :
Level 3 Data Technician apprenticeship standard delivered via virtual learning platform sessions. With support from specialist trainers and 121 skills coaches and our learning platform “Aptem” where you will complete the learning on program. IT Vendor training will also be provided.
Main Duties include:
- Using PurGo or other software programme produce daily and other period reports for specific KPI’s such as non-completed work with reasons, vehicle/driver, driver PDA usage and vehicle efficiency and performance measurements. Report parameters will change from time to time to ensure optimum performance data can be used to provide the Business with opportunities to improve
- Optimise round collection schedules on all vehicle types by constantly monitoring round completion and seeking improvement opportunities
- Planning and routing of workloads using the internal Software portal PurGo or alternative systems to ensure work is carried out in the most efficient and effective manner at all times
- Communicate daily with drivers to manage any queries on either routing, specific customer issues, such as damage or bins not out, parked or block accesses then either wholly manage to a satisfactory outcome or escalate to Line Manager or other respective Manager
- To utilise internal software portal to maximise collection workloads in an efficient and effective manner
- Periodically review collection rounds to ensure they are optimised to meet Business growth requirements
- Liaise with internal Commercial department to support additional round workloads and the planning and routing of such work
- Manage the defect reporting and timely repairs of the PDA’s
- To work closely with the PurGo software providers and initiative areas for improvement and to maximise current parameters and implement around the Business
- Provide admin support to the Transport Manager
Qualifications and Key Skills:
- Maths & English GCSE at Grade C/Level 4 or above or equivalent is desirable
- Good communication skills
- An interest/passion it IT/computing
- Self-motivated, professional and enthusiastic
If you are interested in the role and believe this is something for you please click apply with CV below.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Expected salary: £15000 per year
Location: Tetbury, Gloucestershire
Job date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 22:40:55 GMT
Apply for the job now!